when will you stop?

The silent cry



When will it be enough, when will our tears be heard or our loud screams because I as a woman in South Africa fear for my life. 

As a young female in South Africa, I live and breathe uncertainty with the fear of not knowing if I will see the sunrise. The fear of not knowing if I will live to hear yet another alarm clock waking me up. Why do we have to be afraid of our own race that we share the same blood with?, the same people that are suppose to be protecting us are the ones killing us. Who do we trust when our own blood has turned into our enemies?, who do we seek help from when our protectors are silent and ignorant of what is happening?.

Uncertainty creeps in every time I step outside and trauma feasts on me as I see my fellow sisters brutally murdered, kidnapped and raped all because a man felt superior and entitled to her body. I ask, when will it be enough?. We are tired of living in uncertainty as women, we plead for our fellow brothers to protect us because what we have become as a nation is scary.

Take a stand because it all starts with you. Fellow sisters please find courage to speak up because if you don't take a stand nobody else will.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What defines you?